Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

How does one live as a Christian homosexual? It must be hard. Should they get married or remain celibate?

Thank you Liz. Because of your answer I will give up my homosexual lifestyle.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

One can't live both. According to 1 Corinthians 10:21: "You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons."

Eating a meal with someone is often a sign of friendship. If a person chooses entertainment that promotes violence, spiritism, immorality, or other fleshly desires and attitudes, they are, in effect, sharing a meal prepared by enemies of God. As a result, they not only harm themselves but also damage their friendship with Jehovah.

They should not violate the sanctity of marriage which God decreed was to be between man and woman.

• ?

Permanent homosexual living arrangements only serve to confirm a spiritually deadly lifestyle, making repentance and divine forgiveness virtually impossible. That would be much worse than the alternative. 

Hetero marriage or nothing.

Ignore the idiots who think homosexuals can't be Christian.  I know celibate gay clergymen, and ALL of us are sinners.

I know three married gay couples -- two male, and one female.  In my opinion, those who truly love each other and are truly committed to each other for life are not the same as homosexuals having random hookups.  

• Did you get the definition wrong?

I see you've had too much draft beer, go work off your drunkenness, then call your caregiver, and have her type the exact words into the compiuter!

True Christians are against, your hardened Homosexuality, because you will end up in Eternal Hell.

• ?

There is no such thing as a Christian homosexual, just as there are not Christian liars, or Christian adulterers, or Christian thieves, or Christian idolaters.  You cannot habitually continue in sin and be a Christian.  That does not mean a Christian never sins, but the Christian repents and fights against sin, they do not call their sin righteous, including the sin of homosexuality.

Moreover, marriage is defined by God as the covenant bond between one man and one woman.  A man is not married to a man nor is a woman married to a woman, that is absurd and profaning marriage.

• Robert

Hard?   Oh, I get it.  Ha Ha Ha.  I don't think it will go over well with the church crowd though