Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

June asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Teachers who treat the smart kids better?

What annoys me in the classroom is that whenever the teacher asks the class a question he will always say "Everyone expect the smart kids should answer" and we all know who the particular smart kids are. It's almost as if he is saying we will never be as good enough as the smart kids. It disturbs me a little bit, why do teachers do this? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Willie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That's being a racist by the teacher and it needs to be corrected by disciplined by the Principal.

• donnie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think the kids who are having more trouble need to be worked with more.

• 1 month ago

maybe cause the teacher can relate most to them and they always seem to grasp the concept and in turn shows the teacher that they have learned something in the class and the teacher feels appreciated. Obviously just because you pay attention doesn't mean you will understand the material. However, when a teacher subconsciously connects these dots between their lessons, and the students ability to reciprocate this knowledge through tests and assignments well, the teacher is happy that they were able to do that and will treat that kid differently than another student. Currently I am a senior in highschool and have witnessed this happen all the time.

• 2 months ago

i suspect teacher is telling all the 'smart kids' that they had better answer [and be correct].  'Smart kids' like to goof off just as much as you do and omit to read their lessons

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they're hoping maybe one or two of you will study and know the material. teachers used to teach to the highest common denominator, the smart kids. now because you're being taught by liberal academia, they teach to the lowest common denominator, the dumb lazy kids, so nobody's fweelings will get hurt. like they give all the little kids a participation trophy for playing soccer. IRL, if you don't apply yourself you end up a career burger flipper!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.