When Jesus was resurrected from the dead, was he resurrected as a human again, like Lazarus?

If you do not believe that he was resurrected, don't answer, please. If you do believe he was resurrected, please support your answer with scripture.

Amazing how scriptures are only partly quoted and the actual  answer to my question is omitted.

17 This is why the Father loves me, because I surrender my life, so that I may receive it again. 18 No man takes it away from me, but I surrender it of my own initiative. I have authority to surrender it, and I have authority to receive it again. This commandment I received from my Father.”Jesus' words at John 10 shows an obedient Son who was given a commandment from his Father to receive his life.

• Derek
    Favorite Answer

Jesus resurrection from the dead was completely unique. There had been no resurrection ever before like his one. Jesus raised Lazarus with a human body that had to die again, unlike Jesus who had a glorified body that would never die. That’s why the Bible says Jesus is “the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead so that in everything he might have the supremacy” Col. 1:18. Lazarus was still a sinner you see, while Jesus had never sinned, so death could not hold him. The risen Jesus was superior to the risen Lazarus who died a second time.

The Bible shows that Jesus was raised in triumph over sin, the grave, and death. Nobody could get into heaven before he did, for he had to conquer those evils first. That’s why Jesus is called the “firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep” 1 Cor. 15:20. So Lazarus was awoken out of the grave at the commanding voice of him who IS “the resurrection and the life”. He said that to the man’s sister, before he had even died and conquered the grave! John 11:25 adds Jesus promise, “He who believes in me will live, even though he dies” and that promise was true regarding Lazarus. Jesus was his Lord and his Saviour, the only one having the authority to be life in himself, and to grant life eternal to believers.

That’s why his body was unique – the first one that could both operate on earth as well as in heaven. One day all who bend their knee in Jesus’ name will grasp the wonder of the body with which he was raised back to heaven, which is the assurance that they too will have a body like his, a resurrection body fit for operating on earth as well as in heaven. That's why 1 Tim. 2:5 says Jesus is the "one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus" and 1 Cor 15:46-48 twice calls him "the MAN from heaven."

Consider, please, the three beings who visited Abraham. They were obviously angels, and one of them even represented Jehovah. But they ate and drank what Abraham and Sarah put before them. 

So the resurrected Jesus could have his feet grabbed by Mary Magdalene, he could have an extended conversation with his disciples - his close friends for three years- without their recognizing him at first, and he could make a body with the marks of his impalement on it, and he could prepare and eat bread and fish with his apostles. But still, he did not take up the body that was impaled to death, because he died "once for all time" and did not take back the life that he gave "in behalf of many." Still, he was made alive by his Father, indeed, glorified and living forever. 1 Peter 3:18 Hebrews 10:10. 

Significantly, Jesus' ability to give his life and take it back again we given to him by his Father.  For this reason the scriptures truthfully state that God resurrected Jesus, and that this commandment was given by his Father. Acts 2:24; Acts 10:40; Acts 17:31; Colossians 2:12

he went up in spirit and soul like we all will do 

• Paul

He was resurrected as Himself. Therefore, with His divine nature and His human nature, including His human body.

No.

Jesus didn't resurrect Lazarus. He raised him from the dead, and Lazarus resumed his mortal life.

Jesus Christ resurrected himself, making himself tangible, physical, alive, healthy, and immortal.  He cannot die again, much less be born a second time.

I wish more Christians believed the Bible.

Jesus wasn't resurrected.  Being God the Son, he resurrected himself as God and Man.  He raised Lazarus from the dead, and eventually Lazarus' life came to an end.

• TeeM

Paul tells us, those who are resurrected are given spiritual bodies.

Peter tells us, Jesus was made alive in the spirit.

These spiritual bodies are made of spirit and not flesh.

.

• ?

The Bible teaches a resurrection body, Philippians 3:20-21, 1 Corinthians 15.

Not exactly. Lazarus grew old and died again. Jesus didn’t. 

• David

Jesus was resurrected with a transformed physical body.  Transformed, but none the less his own physical body.

TeeM seems to be under the impression that Jesus was raised with a spiritual body ONLY, not physical.  This claim raises several problems IF Jesus didn't have a physical body after the resurrection.

1.  The tomb on resurrection morning was EMPTY.  If only raised as a spirit, the body should have still been there.

2.  Mary Magdalene grasped Jesus feet.  What kind of spirit has feet that can be touched.

3.  Jesus broke bread with his disciples.  Further he is recorded as eating FISH.  What kind of spirit is able to eat bread and fish?

4.  Jesus showed them his wounds.  His hands and his feet.  There were nailprints.  What kind of spirit has physical wounds?

No, Jesus was resurrected both body and spirit.  To claim otherwise requires a certain degree of blindness.