?

Do they mean the same thing?

The papers on her desk seem out of order, but she doesn't like it when we touch anything without telling her. We should ...

A. ... leave the papers for now.

B. ... leave the papers as they are for now.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I would not say "for now", but that is because I am like that lady with the messy desk.  Don't mess with my stuff.  Not just now, don't EVER touch my stuff.  Everything is where I left it and I know where that is.  You mess with my stuff and I won't be able to find things when I need them.

But I would say B of your two choices: leave the papers (exactly) as they are now (not for now-maybe come back later and mess with the papers; At this moment now and do not even consider coming back).  not just as they are, but exactly as they are right now.

B is the better one to use. There is nothing wrong with A, but I prefer B.