Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 6

Do they mean the same thing?

The papers on her desk seem out of order, but she doesn't like it when we touch anything without telling her. We should ...

A. ... leave the papers for now.

B. ... leave the papers as they are for now.

Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I would not say "for now", but that is because I am like that lady with the messy desk.  Don't mess with my stuff.  Not just now, don't EVER touch my stuff.  Everything is where I left it and I know where that is.  You mess with my stuff and I won't be able to find things when I need them.

But I would say B of your two choices: leave the papers (exactly) as they are now (not for now-maybe come back later and mess with the papers; At this moment now and do not even consider coming back).  not just as they are, but exactly as they are right now.

• 1 month ago

B is the better one to use. There is nothing wrong with A, but I prefer B.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.