The Master asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Ketoconazole isn't working for my intertrigo, what should I do?

two particular dermatologists said I had eczema on my private regions, and told me to use 2% hydrocortisone and keep using it and it would eventually go away, and they told me that hydrocortisone is completely safe when I ask them.

I went to a 3rd dermatologist who said that I had intertrigo in the groin, and keep using 2% ketoconazole and it would eventually go away. She also said that hydrocortisone is safe even when used in long periods of time.

So I've been using 2% ketoconazole for over a year and still no improvements in the skin.

What should I do? 

Favorite Answer

If you wear boxer shorts or no underwear, you might try clean white cotton briefs for awhile.  You need to keep the area between scrotum and leg separated, cool and as dry as possible. That area produces a lot of heat and moisture.

Continue using the antifungal and steriod, it should heal in 5-7 days. 

If no improvement, you might need oral steroids or an injection would even be quicker.    

And try to relax because stress lowers you ability to heal. 

Get another opinion, since anti-fungals generally don't work for eczema, but corticosteroids may help

Most of the answers on this site come from a group of angry 12 year old boys with undersized genitalia and severe acne.  Is this really who you're going to take advice from?