Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaOther - Australia · 2 months ago

IBAN Number in Australia ?

So my grandparents want to send some money to me for my birthday over internet banking. They are from England and I am from Australia. They say they need my IBAN number but Australian doesn’t use them. What do I need to give them instead? 

Favorite Answer

They need your bank's SWIFT code for the international part (look it up), then your BSB and account number.

Australia does not use IBAN's.

• ?

Give them the BSB Number for your Bank and the Account Number.

• ?

We don't have IBANs in the US either. I have been able to receive money internationally by supplying the number that US banks use. But really, it would be much easier for your grandparents to use PayPal or Venmo.

They should buy you a plane ticket from Australia to England. Everybody wants one.

SWIFT code     .