Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

First trimester is this normal?

Been having brown mucus along with brown discharge since Saturday and when I wipe sometimes its brown. Also have occasional brown spotting. It just feels like I am about to have my period have that gushing sensation. Just found out yesterday I am pregnant, I am thinking I am about 4 to 5 weeks along. I also have had some on and off cramps lower right side that feel like something is digging in. Are these cramps and discharge normal? How long will this last? I am in my 40's so worried.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Generally it's normal.  Can we say if it is in your case?  Not at all.  Contact your doctor.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Call your doctor ASAP.    Since you are over the age of 35, you are a higher risk for issues.  You should talk to your doctor about any issue that seems unusual.

I NEVER had any bleeding or spotting during any part of either of my pregnancies.  I have heard of women who do see some spotting or bleeding and still have a normal pregnancy.  BUT - it is ALWAYS better to talk to your doctor and know for sure that you are okay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.