?

Haunted hotel. Ghosts, spirits or demons, I need expert assistance to help me understand. Please do not read this if you scare easily. ?

I visited a hotel in the countryside, it was winter and there was a light covering of snow on the ground and on the roof of the building. The hotel itself was from a bygone era, no longer economically viable but quaint nonetheless.  

My story begins one evening as I sat down to supper with my wife. It was clear that I needed to go to the lavatory so I made my excuses and made my way there...before I got to the door a strange fear gripped me and to my horror, as I entered the lights came on by themselves. I walked to the urinal and quickly did my business and after I moved away my heart nearly stopped when the urinal flushed itself....I ran from this place and as I passed down the corridors lights switched themselves on as if to tease me. I got to the dining room and found my wife...Thankfully she was safe, we left immediately. Does this sound like the work of a Spirit, a ghost or...terrifyingly...a demon? 

Favorite Answer

I'm going to have sleepless nights after reading that......

Motion detectors on lights are put there just to terrify you. 

You should kill her with a fire ax, if you haven't. 

"Misty" puts so much thought into her answers. 

It's very obvious the answer from JWRonny is right. Those were all motion sensors, triggered by your own movements.

Have you never encountered a self-flushing toilet or urinal before? And in Europe, France in particular, timer light switches are commoner than coffee.

Time to get out into the wider world and find what technology can do!

• ?

Nothing supernatural exists, look for a natural explanation.

It sounds like a building with movement sensors controlling lights and toilets in order to save power costs. That is completely normal.

I think you have your own servant following you every where for your services, why worried.