Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 4

Haunted hotel. Ghosts, spirits or demons, I need expert assistance to help me understand. Please do not read this if you scare easily. ?

I visited a hotel in the countryside, it was winter and there was a light covering of snow on the ground and on the roof of the building. The hotel itself was from a bygone era, no longer economically viable but quaint nonetheless.  

My story begins one evening as I sat down to supper with my wife. It was clear that I needed to go to the lavatory so I made my excuses and made my way there...before I got to the door a strange fear gripped me and to my horror, as I entered the lights came on by themselves. I walked to the urinal and quickly did my business and after I moved away my heart nearly stopped when the urinal flushed itself....I ran from this place and as I passed down the corridors lights switched themselves on as if to tease me. I got to the dining room and found my wife...Thankfully she was safe, we left immediately. Does this sound like the work of a Spirit, a ghost or...terrifyingly...a demon? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm going to have sleepless nights after reading that......

• 1 month ago

Motion detectors on lights are put there just to terrify you. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You should kill her with a fire ax, if you haven't. 

"Misty" puts so much thought into her answers. 

• 1 month ago

It's very obvious the answer from JWRonny is right. Those were all motion sensors, triggered by your own movements.

Have you never encountered a self-flushing toilet or urinal before? And in Europe, France in particular, timer light switches are commoner than coffee.

Time to get out into the wider world and find what technology can do!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nothing supernatural exists, look for a natural explanation.

• 1 month ago

It sounds like a building with movement sensors controlling lights and toilets in order to save power costs. That is completely normal.

• 1 month ago

I think you have your own servant following you every where for your services, why worried.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.