Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

am i bisexual if i'm only romantically attracted to the opposite sex and only sexually attracted to the same sex?

i'd always thought bisexuality means you have to be both sexually and romantically attracted to both genders. am i wrong and i'm actually bisexual? or am i another sexuality that closely resembles bisexuality? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, you're straight. There's no such thing as "romantic attraction." You aren't sexually attracted to both.

• 2 months ago

Every person has their own preferences especially when it comes to bisexuality. That's what sets Bisexuality apart from Pansexuality because, yea sure Bi people and Pan people can like all genders, but unlike Bisexuality you are aware of gender and have preferences to what you like about that gender whereas Pansexuality is described as being "Gender blind"

You could also be Omnisexual, people who "may feel the act of being attracted to one gender feels different than the act of being attracted to another gender."

But at the end of the day it's whatever label you are comfortable with that matters.

• 2 months ago

Have you ever tried to date and allow yourself to fall in love with a woman? Because in all honesty, I find it likely that you could be a lesbian in denial. Who subconsciously won't let yourself fall in love with women, because you've been told your whole life that you're supposed to want to be with a man.

Of course it's also POSSIBLE that you could be a heteroromantic homosexual. But while having mismatched sexual and romantic preferences is very common in asexuals..? (Panromantic, mostly asexual person, here.) It is in fact not the slightest bit common in sexual people! Usually..? Your sexual attraction to someone, (if regularly acted on), should result in you eventually developing feelings for that person, and vice versa! That's just how it tends to work for most sexuals! Although I'm sure there are SOME exceptions to that rule, too. However, what you're going through? Sounds more like a gnarly case of compulsory heterosexuality, to me. You should look up that term! Perhaps it will help you make sense of things.

• Craig
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Bisexual means only that you can sexually respond to both genders.  It has nothing to do with your feelings toward the individuals - only your sexual response.

So you can't really be confident that you are bisexual unless you've found sexual encounters with both boys and girls to be gratifying.  It's not a matter of what or who you "like".  It's a matter of what your body and brain do in response to them, sexually-speaking.  (For example, if you were a boy, it would simply be a matter of whether you got hard or not, and stayed that way through orgasm.  Purely your physical responses - nothing else matters when it comes to figuring out your sexuality.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think that is bisexual.. correct

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.