Why do you think we become jealous of others ?

Like I’ve never been jealous of a doctor or an engineer or a lawyer because I’ve never tried to become a doctor or engineer or lawyer and therefore I never felt I had to compare myself to any one of them

But I’ve been jealous of authors and musicians because I wanted to become an author and a musician

I find people have been jealous of my vocabulary at poetry clubs

And my intelligence in university lectures 

And my work ethic at jobs

And my happiness and high self confidence in social support groups 

• Dv8s
    Favorite Answer

Usually because they have something that we want.  Be it looks, charisma, or power, they have it and the jealous want it.

It is actually the nature of mankind to become jealous , then GOD allow us to be jealous of others in  three occasions , One, Jealous that you would be able to become knowledgeable  person as him/her ,Two , Jealous that you have the same talent of certain thing as him/her, Three,to be of good manners as his/her posses. This means , when you become jealous of these three things, then you would start your endeavor in exerting your efforts to obtain all these.That is why.

• Sandy

since you like poetry and music, your talent may lie in becoming a lyricist.