Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What are the chances of getting a new job at a company you were terminated from?

So several months ago, I made some mistakes that caused me to lose my job and have my employment terminated. In other words, I was fired. I admit, I was very immature and I was very unprofessional. I do not want to say what I got fired from, but it was dealing with parents and children. I didn't do anything horrible, I just was turning in documents late and not providing the correct services and was counterproductive. I was always late, left early, and canceled sessions. 

Now I am more mature and I realize several months later how much I miss my old company and I am full of regret and sorrow. When I was fired, HR told me that future employers use a website and put in a code to see my employment dates, but it will not show how I left, just the dates. Now I am really wanting to do an internship at this company because most internships in my city are at this company. 

With this being said, what are the chances that I could return as an unpaid intern? I would be at a different location in a completely different department, miles away from the old location I was at. This company is based in another city, but has several locations where I live. Should I at least try to apply? Will they pull up my old records with the write up I was given with 12 infractions on it before I was fired? Do employers purge old records? 

Thanks for the advice. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Never.   Move on...  

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No chance, of course they will check. Save yourself the embarrassment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.