Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What are the chances of getting a new job at a company you were terminated from?

So several months ago, I made some mistakes that caused me to lose my job and have my employment terminated. In other words, I was fired. I admit, I was very immature and I was very unprofessional. I do not want to say what I got fired from, but it was dealing with parents and children. I didn't do anything horrible, I just was turning in documents late and not providing the correct services and was counterproductive. I was always late, left early, and canceled sessions. 

Now I am more mature and I realize several months later how much I miss my old company and I am full of regret and sorrow. When I was fired, HR told me that future employers use a website and put in a code to see my employment dates, but it will not show how I left, just the dates. Now I am really wanting to do an internship at this company because most internships in my city are at this company. 

With this being said, what are the chances that I could return as an unpaid intern? I would be at a different location in a completely different department, miles away from the old location I was at. This company is based in another city, but has several locations where I live. Should I at least try to apply? Will they pull up my old records with the write up I was given with 12 infractions on it before I was fired? Do employers purge old records? 

Thanks for the advice. 

Never.   Move on...  

• Tavy

No chance, of course they will check. Save yourself the embarrassment.