Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Are you covid afraid to buy anything in the supermarket that's left out  uncovered, like cole slaw in the deli dept.?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Since the pandemic, I only buy fruit that is in a sealed package, e.g. blueberries and cherries in a taped shut plastic container or grapes in bags that are taped shut.  I don't feel like buying loose fruit like peaches where everyone is feeling and touching the fruit and sometimes holding it up to their nose to sniff if it's fresh.  Covid virus can live on the skin of your hands and your nose is the key entryway for the virus to enter your body.  

• Rita

That said, COVID-19 and other coronaviruses have been detected in the stool of certain patients, so we currently cannot rule out the possibility of ... to be cooked – think of deli meats, cole slaw, potato salad, cheeses, salads, ... We also know that COVID-19 can't typically be transmitted from food or from food ...

No, I'm not afraid of that.

No, it's not food-borne.

Educate yourself for gd's sake.

• kswck2

Since COVID has not been proven to live on food, no. 

No. I guess it's pointless saying this and worrying that I'd need to. Covid 19 is NOT a food-borne infection.

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone because there is the real chance of dying a horrible death or the lifelong guilt of having killed someone all for groceries one afternoon. But that said, my answer is no, I have an education. 

Think about medications. If I gave you Viagra, that gets white men over 50 hard pee pees, how worried are you that this pill will give you gas? I know 2 guys at the bar who said it does for them but the numbers show it gives old folks boners. Same with COVID, it kills old folks who have massive lung problems where air kills them. Drowning on the inside makes easy pickin's of them. The cases also show, young healthy people are immune -COMPARATIVELY-. Immune from death, at least. 

And all the while, the mode of transmission seems to be staying at home. Here's one of those logical points you have to ask; if it were transmitted by food and the powers care about our health, wouldn't there be some precautions around food overall, not just it's distribution channels? So no, I'm not afraid of open food. If COVID has me cautious, it's due to the people who cough into their hands, who want to sit next to me when there's 100 other seats, and bless their hearts, the homeless who are told like the rest of us gloves and masks are magical forcefields... that cost $3/day.