Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 4
? asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Why are so many clothing stores closing down? Are people gonna be left with no way to buy clothes anymore ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They are closing because  of last year. Stores that were doing poorly or just ok, got knock to the ground last year.  Many companies are reducing the number of brick and mortar stores they have.  

The trick is seeing how they handle returns. For my daughter’s wedding I bought three dresses from an upscale department store. The return slip was inside each box. All I had to do was stick it on the box and reseal it. My money was back on my card within 10 days. 

One place I used to shop at closed. They are online only now.  Reading their return policy, I won’t be buying clothes from there again. The customer has to pay for the return and only credit to repurchase another item is given. 

• 1 month ago

People can shop on line.  For clothes, I don't do it.

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Covid and lockdowns put a lot of stores out of business. It's gonna be Walmart, Target or Ross.  Or else online.

• Vicky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think many are going bust because of lockdown, most of the clothes stores where I live were closed for months.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.