Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

What would you do if a game dev kept setting up scenarios in the game to shame you in front of other players?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I don't think video game developers think in terms of "shaming" the players. They think in terms of "challenging" the players. If you aren't up to the challenge, you keep playing until you get better. Everyone starts somewhere. If other players are bullying you while you learn, maybe report them? Or switch to single player games? Or play a different game? 

If you're talking about GMs or DMs - game masters or dungeon masters - who run tabletop games for a small group of players, maybe play with someone else? Some GMs look at TTRPGs as a competition between themselves and the players. Other GMs look at games as a cooperative storytelling event. You have to find a GM whose style you like. 

• Nigel
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

not sure buddy as a dev myself i dont make online games at all

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.