Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

how do you make your greek chicken?

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• denise

Chop the boneless thighs, marinade them in olive oil, thyme, lemon zest, pepper, salt, little honey; for at least an hour, or up to 3-4, Put on skewers alternately with baby tomatoes & mushrooms, or chunks of halloumi.

Griddle or 'broil', occasionally brushing with some of the marinade during cooking.

Serve with pitta breads / greek salad and maybe some Tzaziki with a little mint added.

If using 'wooden' skewers, soak them in water first so they wont burn in cooking.

This is my 'way' of making souvlaki skewers.  

• John

Preserved lemons transform everything they are used in.

I sautee boneless skinless chicken breasts until browned with sliced garlic in a pan. Remove the chicken from the pan to cut it into 1" diagonal slices (you will notice that it is not fully cooked_ that is okay). Return the Chicken to the pan with one large can of undrained diced tomatoes, a handfull of sliced sundried tomatoes. one medium chopped onion and as many black Kalmata pitted olives as you please. Cover on meduim low heat to finish cooking chicken while you boil the pasta of your choice.

Plate the pasta, cover with the Greek chicken, top with crumbled feta cheese and chopped green onions ( scallions). Serve w/ Garlic bread .

Also delicious the next day IF you are lucky enough to have leftovers. 

Everyone LOVES this dish when I make it.

Well for starters, I always make sure it's chicken and not turkey .. 

Because countries of Greece and Turkey don't always get along.

If this is a question that should be in the Food & Drink category, I want to know. I had it once, and it was wonderful.