Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

Does the sun age your skin?

I want a tan

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes sun damages your skin.

• 1 month ago

Of course and breaks down the collagen and causes wrinkles.

• Monika
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

100% yes. It gives you a lot of premature wrinkles. I know a girl that excessively tans and people thought she was 20 years older than what she is.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It probably does ruin your skin. That's probably why my gramma looks WAY TOO OLD for her age. She looks like a dried prune and raisin (to be mean) 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Adele
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes sun damages you skin and hair

• Kim R
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, it damages your skin, although you probably won't be able to tell right away. It damages it at a cellular level, so years from now, it will get blotchy, wrinkled and sometimes you will get skin cancer. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes the sun will damage hair

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, sun does age your skin terribly!

For 10 years, I drove a convertable sports car. Even though I did use sunscreen, I did not use enough. My arms are discolored with sunspots and my upper chest looks nothing like the skin on my abdomen.

Being young and careless about protecting yourself from ALL sun exposure will come back to make you look older then you really are when you are older. 

There is nothing special about being Tanned by the sun. In reality, you are toasting the layers of your skin, causing sun damage that has a delayed aging effect when you are older.

About age . . . it happens every single day when you wake up. just likethe last 10 to 15 years whizzed by... the next 10 to 20 years will fly byso quickly, it will make your head spin. But by then, you will have gained your wisdom too late to save your skin. Face it, if there was a cure for wrinkles and aging skin, NO ONE would look their age!

The good news is, here I am, all these years later, but I FEEL young !

• ALBERT
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Well, I believe it does. Yet when you eat healthy foods, have a dynamic and optimistic character you will look good regardless of your skin's appearance as you age. Be very careful to get your tan gradually as sun burns as really bad for you , and can be extremely painful. When you stay in the sun on a windy day you might not feel the sun burn right away that is why it might be good to go in the sun gradually. I heard sun screen is bad for your health and I strongly believe that. The sun provides you with vitamin D I believe. I have a tan and after like 60 years outdoors my skin does not look so bad.The key might be to keep eating healthy foods to keep your skin healthy and nourished !

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No

I get tanned and I still look young 

Aging process depends on the genes

If you're parents look young for their age it's because of good genes of youth... 

Sun gives us vitamin D 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.