Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why did Republicans have problems with Neera Tanden’s tweets but not Donald Trump’s?

Neera Tanden, one of the most qualified cabinet nominees in history, is yet another victim of sexism. Loud and clear. If Neera Tanden were a Republican or a man, no way she would have been treated as badly as she is now. Same with Hillary Clinton.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Tanden's tweets are mild and innocuous in comparison to Trump's vicious attacks.  Sexism is only part of the Republican bad attitude.  Hypocrisy is a major aspect of Republican political behavior. 

Republicans are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the planet. 

• james
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Boycott the covid infected  texas and florida have your state support a travel ban of anyone from those states entering yours .  

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Actually a few democrats also objected because of Tanden’s past tweets. By comparison they were mild compared to those of many others in government. But Apparently democrats hold themselves to a higher standard. When Republicans find a person’s history of questionable tweets that even identify them as liars, racists, or conspiracy theory supporters, conservatives elect them to office.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

That’s because Republicans think Trump, the Big Boss, is untouchable and normal laws and morals don’t apply to him. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Partisan idiocy. That explains most things the Reptilian and Demonic Parties whine about.

• 2 months ago

Why did Democrats have a problem with Trump's tweets but not Neera Tanden's?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I am an independent near retirement. Part of my retirement will be Social Security. I do not need someone like Neera Tanden taking away my Social Security that I have worked so hard for all my life. I know what her standing is on Social Security for paying off our deficit up and including Medicare and Medicaid and other programs that are vitally  needed for other people. So I say good riddance.

• 2 months ago

Loud and clear.   I don't care if the person who wrote this is male or female.  It's ridiculous regardless of gender.

Tanden was looking for a Cabinet position, which requires a Senate confirmation.  Generally speaking, if you want the approval of people that are confirming you, you don't leave a trail of negative tweets about them.  Last time I checked, Donald Trump was never nominated for a Cabinet position, so the analogy is off.

And as far as Hillary was concerned, the process was so sexist that she was confirmed as Secretary of State, so this analogy fails again.  They were so sexist that she squeaked by with a 94-2 vote.

• Dan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

She withdrew because Joe Manchin (D) will not support her. 

• 2 months ago

I doubt a woman as ugly as her has a "problem" with sexism.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Simple answer? Because they’re not only misogynistic but hypocritical beyond belief. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.