Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

for Catholic’s: is it weird my makeup school is making us do a makeup look based on 1 of the 7 sins?

we do makeup looks inspired by things like Christmas, spring, valentines etc. but this time we’re being asked to do a makeup look on 1 of the 7 sins. i don’t know what it is it just doesn’t sit right with me. it’s weird. does anyone else feel the same?

by the way i myself am Catholic hence why i directed the question to Catholics to see what others who share my religion think. 

I don't think it is, its pretty creative. Try to do a look that shows how sin corrupts the soul and that kind of thing. 

Source(s): I'm a Catholic
  • fcas80

I think this is a very creative assignment.  

I could see a makeup artist for a movie or tv show being asked to do a look to suggest some specific characteristic, and this sounds like a very difficult task.  Your instructor is preparing you for this.

If you do a good job with this, you may want to put the photos in your portfolio to show to prospective employers,

I agree. There's something off about it.

They are asking you to do make up based on one of the sins. They are not asking you to COMMIT one of the deadly sins. Get over yourself. Do your assignment. Use you imagination. Show how sin makes someone ugly.