Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

for Catholic’s: is it weird my makeup school is making us do a makeup look based on 1 of the 7 sins?

we do makeup looks inspired by things like Christmas, spring, valentines etc. but this time we’re being asked to do a makeup look on 1 of the 7 sins. i don’t know what it is it just doesn’t sit right with me. it’s weird. does anyone else feel the same?

Update:

by the way i myself am Catholic hence why i directed the question to Catholics to see what others who share my religion think. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think it is, its pretty creative. Try to do a look that shows how sin corrupts the soul and that kind of thing. 

Source(s): I'm a Catholic
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think this is a very creative assignment.  

I could see a makeup artist for a movie or tv show being asked to do a look to suggest some specific characteristic, and this sounds like a very difficult task.  Your instructor is preparing you for this.

If you do a good job with this, you may want to put the photos in your portfolio to show to prospective employers,

• 1 month ago

I agree. There's something off about it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They are asking you to do make up based on one of the sins. They are not asking you to COMMIT one of the deadly sins. Get over yourself. Do your assignment. Use you imagination. Show how sin makes someone ugly. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.