Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is this even legal?!? Have offer letter and everything!!?

I moved across the country for a job. The company paid my relocation and everything. I have a signed offer letter in hand. I got a phone call today that the person expected to leave the position has decided to stay and they have decided to not move forward with me. They told me I do not have to pay them back for the relocation. I’m not sure what to do!!! I feel like I’m really screwed. Not sure what to do. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I would think that you have a lawsuit. Tell them to reimburse your move back (if you want) and compensation till you find another job or you will seek advice from a lawyer. Consult one. 

• Either try to get another job in the area or get them to pay for your move back. 

If you're looking to sue, get some legal advice from a good lawyer. 

If some one decides to stay, it's not their fault. It's on the person that decided to stay that screwed you out of a job. 

• 1 month ago

Get a lawyer as soon as possible

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.