Is this even legal?!? Have offer letter and everything!!?

I moved across the country for a job. The company paid my relocation and everything. I have a signed offer letter in hand. I got a phone call today that the person expected to leave the position has decided to stay and they have decided to not move forward with me. They told me I do not have to pay them back for the relocation. I’m not sure what to do!!! I feel like I’m really screwed. Not sure what to do. 

• Susie
    Favorite Answer

I would think that you have a lawsuit. Tell them to reimburse your move back (if you want) and compensation till you find another job or you will seek advice from a lawyer. Consult one. 

• Either try to get another job in the area or get them to pay for your move back. 

If you're looking to sue, get some legal advice from a good lawyer. 

If some one decides to stay, it's not their fault. It's on the person that decided to stay that screwed you out of a job. 

Get a lawyer as soon as possible