Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Risks of being X-rayed With an underwire bra on?

Hi guys I have a question I was x-rayed on my spine,hips,and back today,  and the first picture the lady took I had an underwire bra on , Geez .I just want to know what are the risks , what are somethings that may happen from doing that can somebody help me out. I am very worried 😟 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Don't worry at all ..if it was an MRI scanner the metal would cause a problem with the actual scanner.If it was just a normal X Ray ( you didn't lie in a machine that like like a tunnel) & either pay or stood up with a normal X Ray then I truly wouldn't worry.

Put it this way I had horrific problems with my periods for years & had to have 4 D& C's 😢 & on two occasions had a Mirena cool put in to try & stop the blood loss & as an MS/ Lupus sufferer I had both MRI & X- rays many times with metal.implanted in my womb .

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Antiperspirant chemicals are absorbed through the skin, block the release of toxins when you sweat, and cause these toxins to build up in the breast. Underwire bras cause breast cancer by blocking the drainage of lymph fluid from the bottom of the breast so it can't get back into your body.

• 1 month ago

There are no dangerous risks.

• 1 month ago

There is NO risk from the wire with an X-ray.  You remove it when an area is xrayed  where the wire, which shows up white on the X-ray would block seeing the tissue behind it, that’s all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Take precautions and get a cheap comfortable  sports style bra without wire. Be extra careful when getting an MRI depending on the wire might be a problem or concern. 

• 1 month ago

The wire may show on the x-ray.

However this is unlikely given the area x-rayed.

If it is going to get in the way you are asked to remove it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The time to ask about X-ray risks, is before the procedure.

Next time, listen to the explicit safety questions from the trained X-ray tech, or you may wind up sterilized or worse.

• 1 month ago

There is no health risk. The problem is that anything metal obscures the view.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The risk is that they will see your bra and the wires will obstruct the image. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.