Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

hunting question?

suggestions on how to start hunting? I've been around guns my whole life but have never hunted but my son wants to go and how is the best way to go about it? finding someone who i can tag a long with and learn from? or are there classes? or is researching online enough?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

A lot of states offer hunting safety courses.  Obviously you need to know your states laws for hunting too.  Ask at gun ranges and shops for courses etc.  Practice handling the gun and shooting on the range first.   And don’t listen to liberals, if they get their Green New Deal passed you may need to know how to hunt, just to have food in the table.  

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Research local hunter safety courses, and your local hunting regulations. When you take the safety course pick your instructors brain about any and all concerns you have. Would be a good idea to start with small game, squirrels, rabbits and things like that so you can get used to moving in the woods, tracking, gutting and skinning the animal. If you or someone you know doesn't own a large chunk of private property to hunt on your best bet is going to be public land. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Find a psychiatrist who can suggest medication to help you become a psychopath, since hurting animals is something that scars well-adjusted people who are not psychopaths or sociopaths already.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.