Do I give a resignation letter to my boss?

If we have no Human Resources director at the moment do I call and give the letter to my boss that I’m giving my two weeks? Can she refuse and tell me I have to continue to work? 

I know I’ll probably loose all

My vacation hours as I’ll be on vacation when I give the notice

• RICK

Unless you have a contract that specifies how long you will work they can not refuse a resignation letter . Give it to your boss. When your 2 weeks are up stop showing up, nothing they can do.

Spock (rhp): Legally, you are not even required to give notice. Absent a contract to the contrary, you can dump any company property in your possession on the manager's desk on the way out and never come back.

Are you covered by an employment contract?  Represented by a Union.  In MY State there is no legal requirement to give ANY notice that you are leaving.  People choose to do so so that they have a solid reference for other employment.  You are either calling on the telephone or giving a letter.  Which one are you asking about?  No, no one can force you to work.

Yes, to your boss.  Your boss is under not obligation to allow you to continue working at that point so can choose to part company immediately screwing you out of your vacation.  The exception is if you have an employment contract or are part of a union.

legally, you are probably required to either deliver the resignation in person or via the post office.  it must be in writing -- email, text, phone, etc. do not count.

As I said the last time, inform and hand in your resignation in person.  Always leave on good terms with your employer.

• Tavy

No she can't refuse. Give it to your boss.

You always give the letter to your boss.  He passes it up the line.