Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Is it illegal to shoot and kill feral cats in the usa if they're on your property?

Pissing and shitting everywhere, always making noise, destroying our garbage, raping and fighting our pets, killed a kitten and bit my little cousin. We are tired of it. My dad shoots them and sets traps. I trained the big dogs to chase them or kill them. We have too many dogs and my dad has fed them the meat from the cats. I'm not sure if this is safe. Is it? Also is this legal? Last month we took out seven aggressive feral cats. Unfortunately there's a lot more. Our backyard is very wooded. 

Look at your local laws, in city limits its usually illegal to discharge fire arms but if you live out side of city limits then by all means you can shoot them

Feral cats are PESTS. They damage the environment, they spread diseases and parasites', they slaughter wild life and more. 

Discharge of firearms is controlled by state and local laws.  In New Jersey anywhere outside a licensed location it earns a definite jail sentence.  In Texas it earns you blessings.  But wanton killing probably violates animal cruelty laws everywhere

In many places your dad would be in jail already.   It's often illegal to discharge a firearm in a residential location.

"We have too many dogs"  Then shoot them too.

Have a nice day in Trollville.