Covid Vaccine  Formulas?

How are the formulations for the covid vaccine differ from that of a flu vaccine also why did the covid vaccine get approved in a year time unlike other vaccines which take years?

It uses a different kind of technology, it uses RNA spike proteins to mimic the one that happens when people get covid so that way the immune system can fight it off well. I think it uses the covid spike protein, but I'm not sure. It got made so fast because since covid is so urgent, there was tons of funding and people working on it. I may be wrong though, so correct me if I am since I'm not 100% sure if what I wrote was right since its just off my memory

• Tavy

Covid in different forms has been around for decades, this Covid 19 is one of many. The science was already there, it just had to be tweaked.

Why don't you read the science instead of social media.

The COVID vaccines are based on the same underlying functionality as other vaccines. They were able to get developed more quickly than usual because they got a lot of funding; something most don't have easily accessible! And obviously the public health  imperatives pushed them to the top of the queue for approval. 

• Murzy

Emergency approvals from the FDA.