Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Am I a bad person if I impregnate my girlfriend without her knowing it?

I have realized I love her and I am so scared to lose her and that she won't want me anymore (lately we have been arguing and it's my fault), I am scared that I'll be alone, i see my friends getting married, having kids, one of fhemhas divorced and has depression, I am so scared to end up like him. My girlfriend gives me love, comfort, companionship, friendship, support. If I lose her I lose everything. What should I do? I have been thinking about making love with a broken condom. I feel like s*** for just thinking this. Yet I am so afraid to lose her.

Favorite Answer

Yes, obviously. 

Having children is an important life decision that you need to make together. 

And having children is also no guarantee that a relationship will last; in fact if there are already cracks, you may find this is something that breaks it. 

Get therapy to deal with your issues, and speak to your girlfriend about your feelings / fears etc.

• Elana

Can you think of any way to more clearly abuse somebody's trust than to trick them into pregnancy?

Not only that but:

A:  She could abort

B:  She may already be on birth control

You SHOULD feel like s*** for this.

TALK to her.

• hi

How would impregnate her without her knowing it ? by raping her ?if so, everybody knows that rape is a crime ..

Now, if she is engaging in consensual premarital sex with you then why would she act surprised if she gets pregnant ? even those "wonderful" contraceptives aren't 100 percent effective at preventing "unwanted pregnancies" .

• Foofa

Trying to trap someone into parenthood they don't want is just as bad when a man does it to a woman. Besides, she's under no obligation to keep the pregnancy. Please get some psychological help before you end up doing something criminal. 

Yes. I think the worst thing you can do when a relationship isn't working is to have a baby. You say it's your fault but it takes two to tango. And you aren't giving her a choice in the matter. 

And I thought only women pulled this trick.

That's a horrible idea and its not going to save your relationship.  Making someone pregnant because of your insecurities is ridiculous.  She will figure it out, and when she does this will backfire on you and possibly end your relationship permanently.  Get into therapy if you are this insecure.  You cannot be a decent partner to someone if you intend to deceive them in this manner.

Yes.  "Stealthing" is illegal in some states.