Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who do I give a resignation letter to?

If we have no Human Resources director at the moment do I call and give the letter to my boss that I’m giving my two weeks? Can she refuse and tell me I have to continue to work? 

Update:

I know I’ll probably loose all

My vacation hours as I’ll be on vacation when I give the notice

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You have been told MANY times that slavery is illegal. Even with a contract specifying how you can leave, they can't actually force you to continue working. They can only force you to pay a financial penalty to break the contract.

• 1 month ago

You don't "call and give a letter", you do one or the other.  In either case it is simply a courtesy on your part and you don't have to do it unless you want a positive referral for your next job.  The flip side is that once you give notice the employer can immediately terminate you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.