Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

seriously, how do you deal with people being over familiar with you, like they know you personally, when, you don't know them?

i've experienced this more than a few times and had to deal with it in public...i hate it, people being over familiar with me, as if they know me personally, when i don't know them, or want to know them.

i'm a man aged 43 from the uk,  how do you deal with this?

Favorite Answer

Oh, I just tell them I don't know them.  I have this friend who died and even her family tells me they know her....oh, they don't know her at all....it is shocking how many people think they know a person...I bet they never thought about how many people don't know them either. 

There is nothing to "deal with".   

If you truly don't know the person, then obviously you haven't spent any time with them and therefore there is nothing to complain about.