Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Stop speaking to office receptionist?

In my office, the receptionist is very nice.  However, when I walk by, she doesn’t even look up.  Only sometimes when I walk into the office and look right at her, she’ll look up say “hey” but that’s about it.  She speaks to other people, though.

Since she doesn’t even acknowledge me, I usually don’t speak either, not wanting to interrupt her (she’s either usually typing on the computer or reading something).  But when I walk in or if she clearly isn’t busy, I will look at her and say hello.

Should I not even bother speaking to her at all- not even making the effort?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Her job is to greet customers not to greet the staff every time they walk past. Even the friendliest person in the world would get tired of being so constantly "on" that they have to play nice with everyone all the time. 

• 1 month ago

Good grief. Are you STILL obsessing about this?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

thats up to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.