Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Stop speaking to office receptionist?

In my office, the receptionist is very nice.  However, when I walk by, she doesn’t even look up.  Only sometimes when I walk into the office and look right at her, she’ll look up say “hey” but that’s about it.  She speaks to other people, though.

Since she doesn’t even acknowledge me, I usually don’t speak either, not wanting to interrupt her (she’s either usually typing on the computer or reading something).  But when I walk in or if she clearly isn’t busy, I will look at her and say hello.

Should I not even bother speaking to her at all- not even making the effort?

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Her job is to greet customers not to greet the staff every time they walk past. Even the friendliest person in the world would get tired of being so constantly "on" that they have to play nice with everyone all the time. 

Good grief. Are you STILL obsessing about this?

thats up to you