Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

is 5'5 too short for a grade 9 14 year old boy?

my mom 5'3 my dad 5'5 men in my mom's side are 5'8 5'9 men in my dad's side are 5'6 5'7 i've always been only average but closer to the short side because now many people younger than me are now my height or taller

Update:

how tall would you say id be

Update 2:

i am projected to be 5'8'' according to my doctors what are your predictions and am i short

Update 3:

the women on both my mom and dad's side are 5'1'' and 5'2''

Update 4:

i started puberty at 11

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Why are people, like you, so focused on height. I never thought about a man's height when I would admire a man from afar. Even if you end up being 5'6" to 5'8"... who cares! If you take care of yourself and look good, it wont matter. I really mean that!!  MOST WOMEN COULD CARE LESS IF YOU'RE 1 TO 3 INCHES SMALLER. Start living your life with confidence

• 2 months ago

I mean, no. You’re not exactly short for your age, while I’m around 5’8 at your age, you like very common height. 

But, 5’8 for an adult is not exactly bad, but it’s sort of below average for most places in the USA. while I’m unaware of your ethnicity, if you’re Asian- that’s not really bad height. but if you’re white, that’s not the worst either

You’re not below average by a significant amount, you’re not average either. somewhere in between, but hey! Could be shorter. So, just take appreciation in everything being cheaper and living longer than tall men. A scientifically proven fact, you can enjoy that at least.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Oh yes, you should be over 7 foot tall by that age

• balan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have got another four more puberty years.Hencebe patient as you may gain  amother four to five inches .Enjoy, regards.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's pretty small.  I'm sure you're receiving frequent brutal assbeatings from the stronger guys.

• 2 months ago

Boys keep growing. My nephew was the shortest male in his high school graduation photo. Then he joined the Navy, and when he came back, he was 6'2"

Did your parents measure you when you were growing up? A good estimate is to double your height at age 2. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

no need to worry , just drink lots of milk

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In grade 9 I was 5'9", at 30 i was 5' 9"

My brother in grade 9 was 5'5", in grade 12 was 5'10", at age 22 was 6' 2"

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Average height                               .

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I was 5 foot 8 in grade 9.  And by the end of the year i was 5 foot 10.  And now at 6 feet tall i am the tallest person in my family.  So to me you have a very normal height for someone just breaching puberty

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.