Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

is 5'5 too short for a grade 9 14 year old boy?

my mom 5'3 my dad 5'5 men in my mom's side are 5'8 5'9 men in my dad's side are 5'6 5'7 i've always been only average but closer to the short side because now many people younger than me are now my height or taller

how tall would you say id be

i am projected to be 5'8'' according to my doctors what are your predictions and am i short

the women on both my mom and dad's side are 5'1'' and 5'2''

i started puberty at 11

Why are people, like you, so focused on height. I never thought about a man's height when I would admire a man from afar. Even if you end up being 5'6" to 5'8"... who cares! If you take care of yourself and look good, it wont matter. I really mean that!!  MOST WOMEN COULD CARE LESS IF YOU'RE 1 TO 3 INCHES SMALLER. Start living your life with confidence

I mean, no. You’re not exactly short for your age, while I’m around 5’8 at your age, you like very common height. 

But, 5’8 for an adult is not exactly bad, but it’s sort of below average for most places in the USA. while I’m unaware of your ethnicity, if you’re Asian- that’s not really bad height. but if you’re white, that’s not the worst either

You’re not below average by a significant amount, you’re not average either. somewhere in between, but hey! Could be shorter. So, just take appreciation in everything being cheaper and living longer than tall men. A scientifically proven fact, you can enjoy that at least.

• ?

Oh yes, you should be over 7 foot tall by that age

• balan

You have got another four more puberty years.Hencebe patient as you may gain  amother four to five inches .Enjoy, regards.

That's pretty small.  I'm sure you're receiving frequent brutal assbeatings from the stronger guys.

Boys keep growing. My nephew was the shortest male in his high school graduation photo. Then he joined the Navy, and when he came back, he was 6'2"

Did your parents measure you when you were growing up? A good estimate is to double your height at age 2. 

no need to worry , just drink lots of milk

• ?

In grade 9 I was 5'9", at 30 i was 5' 9"

My brother in grade 9 was 5'5", in grade 12 was 5'10", at age 22 was 6' 2"

• Murzy

Average height                               .

• edward

I was 5 foot 8 in grade 9.  And by the end of the year i was 5 foot 10.  And now at 6 feet tall i am the tallest person in my family.  So to me you have a very normal height for someone just breaching puberty