Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 4

My Church has disowned me simply for trying to help out a neighbour in need. I now feel as though I was part of a cult?

I had heard on the late news that it was probably going to rain and then I noticed that my neighbour had washing out to dry in her garden. It was too late to wake her so I just took them to my house and kept them under my bed for safe keeping.  Somehow, the next day was so busy I forgot all about them until I heard a loud know at the door, it was the police.  Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather, it turns out that someone had been stealing underwear of her line for months so she had fitted CCTV cameras to catch the culprit.  They were not interested to hear the truth and instead cautioned me for lewd behaviour.

Shortly after the church disowned me and I feel like I was a prawn in their game of chest...Why would they take the police and the neighbours word over mine? 

Update:

Sorry, 'knock' at the door. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Was that you stealing my grannies drawers?

• Adam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is lewd behaviour and they were right to knock at your door.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The truth is you took the clothes without permission - that is stealing.

• 1 month ago

As long as your heart is right with God, the police and the neighbors should not matter.  Only God knows the intent of the heart and we all answer to Him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some churches in the USA are dodgy, some denied the reality of Covid-19 transmission, some blindly supported Donald Trump despite his non Christian conduct, some are just strongly conservative which sounds like your one.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you belong to a denomination of Christianity, then yes, you were part of a cult.  Go look at what the definition of a CULT is.  Learn the English language!

=============================================================

Miguel.  Go back on your medication. Until then, STFU.

• Miguel
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

American churches are always that. 

European and Canadian churches are not. 

The more we help each one person, 

the less hassle there is for everyone. Americans never learn that. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.