Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Besides keeping struggling Americans down, why else are Republicans pushing against raising the minimum wage?

Republicans cant win in fair elections. The people just dont want them. They push their way in and make laws to stop the poor from voting their conscious. Its time for change.

• Sam

They only care about the rich.

To hedge the inflation that would happen.

I think it should be between the employer and the employee how much they get paid

• Check with 9fingers; he claims to make $150 an hour as a nonunion dogcatcher somewhere in Fl.

Even though I'm conservative, I actually think that raising minimum wage is beneficial. I think companies that practice Crony Capitalism or are monopolizing should pay 20$ an hour. They're eliminating small business competition.