Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 2 months ago

Is it normal to feel In your dreams?

One time had dream about being poked with needle and seem like I felt something? Or today's dream I felt licking feel? Like from dog

We can feel all of our senses, while asleep, just as much as when we are awake.  Remember the line from a popular movie, "I see dead people?"  He was talking about the sense of sight, or insight..  But you can hear the people outside talking, or the doorbell ringing.  You can smell the coffee brewing in the morning, or something which would wake your mouth water....Need a drink of water?  I wake up to take that drink of water, as my body craves it.  So that is the sense of seeing, smelling and hearing.  The sense of touch, well one can feel the lover laying close to you in bed as you sleep.  So all of our sense are used as we sleep. Sometimes one may also feel a developing illness in one's sleep, as the mind has quieted down, and that sinking weird feelings of sickness may be there, tender to the touch.  It make wake you up, and that is how you recognize you have a deadly disease, and so you know you have to check with your MD.  

It's what makes sex dreams amazing.

It's also not routine, but to occasionally have physical sensation be part of a dream experience is normal. Sometimes it's related to an actual physical sensation--the bugs walking on my face are really hairs being blown across the skin by the fan--but other times it's entirely dream.