Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why are both atheists and organized religions afraid of the truth?

God is the truth

The Gospel Of Truth - Nag Hammadi Library Gnostic Scripture - full narration - Gnosticism, Gnosis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoaX1S3GNyc&t=1825...

16 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The original Christian Church certainly isn't afraid of the truth, because its founder, Jesus Christ, promised its leadership "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Anyone who reads the Bible should know this. So, His Church certainly isn't going to be afraid of its own teachings, guaranteed true by God Himself.

• 2 months ago

I'm not, and neither is my church.  Gnosticism is not the truth.  It has oodles of false doctrines in it, including the heresy that matter could somehow be inherently evil.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Gnostics deviated from Christ's teachings.  They were heretics.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You don’t know what you’re talking about you religious nut job. You don’t know anything about truth because you’re brainwashed into religious delusions and that you believe in bull$hit and lies which religious nut jobs are stupid enough to believe in. You are full of bull$hit. I am not afraid of truth because as an atheist, I have an open mind. Meanwhile religious nut jobs like you are close minded who fail to understand proper truth and reality because you’re all brainwashed idiots who don’t have physical evidence to show in order to backup their bull$hit.

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

the truth hurts

• 2 months ago

If this god character is the truth then why are all religions faith based belief systems when no faith is needed to believe in something that is real..

• 2 months ago

It isnt the truth until you can demonstrate what you say. You havent, so it isnt.

• 2 months ago

-That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.- Christopher Hitchens

-I contend we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.- Stephen Roberts

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

WRONG WRONG...IVE LOVED GOD SINCE 1976..

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not afraid of that....its just nonsense

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.