Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Mortgage fraud?

A few years ago I filled out a mortgage application and lied about income. I quickly realized how stupid this was and illegal and canceled the application well before it got to any underwriting process. Would this be something that I could get arrested for? Would the fbi investigate this type of mortgage fraud being I didn’t actually get the loan? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, you won't be arrested, and no, the FBI will not be investigating you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no FBI in trollville

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Because you did not actually obtain credit.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, if you had allowed the application to continue you would have had to prove your income and you would have been found out and wouldn't get it, if you had faked wage slips/bank statements and been given it then found later you commited fraud.... then the bank would recall the loan and report you for fraud or sue

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.