Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Mortgage fraud?

A few years ago I filled out a mortgage application and lied about income. I quickly realized how stupid this was and illegal and canceled the application well before it got to any underwriting process. Would this be something that I could get arrested for? Would the fbi investigate this type of mortgage fraud being I didn’t actually get the loan? 

• R P

No, you won't be arrested, and no, the FBI will not be investigating you.

no FBI in trollville

No. Because you did not actually obtain credit.

• Maxi

No, if you had allowed the application to continue you would have had to prove your income and you would have been found out and wouldn't get it, if you had faked wage slips/bank statements and been given it then found later you commited fraud.... then the bank would recall the loan and report you for fraud or sue