Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Cat bleeding from her private area after being around a male ?

Hi my cat has just came home with quite a lot of blood coming from her private area, a male cat was on my garden making noises for her so thought that maybe he had got a hold of her to mate but she’s been spayed? Should I call a vet and be worried ? 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, a tomcat will not try to mate with a female that is not in heat.  Spayed cats don't go into heat.  

Bleeding from the private area, whether vagina, urethra, or rectum, is a sign of trouble and you should have her checked by a vet.  

Does she have blood in her urine?  In that case, she probably has a bladder infection.  For this, I have had excellent results with 250 mg of Ascorbic Acid daily for 5 days.  If there are crystals, though, it will take longer.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.