Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Cat bleeding from her private area after being around a male ?

Hi my cat has just came home with quite a lot of blood coming from her private area, a male cat was on my garden making noises for her so thought that maybe he had got a hold of her to mate but she’s been spayed? Should I call a vet and be worried ? 

No, a tomcat will not try to mate with a female that is not in heat.  Spayed cats don't go into heat.  

Bleeding from the private area, whether vagina, urethra, or rectum, is a sign of trouble and you should have her checked by a vet.  

Does she have blood in her urine?  In that case, she probably has a bladder infection.  For this, I have had excellent results with 250 mg of Ascorbic Acid daily for 5 days.  If there are crystals, though, it will take longer.