Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Elevated enzymes cause for concern ?

I had blood work done the other day doctor told me I have slightly elevated enzymes should I be worried 

Your doctor should really go through them with you. You can look up what the normal ranges for each are by a quick google search. Your CO2 is probably high because you aren't getting enough cardio to get more oxygen into your blood but that's not too far out. I've been higher than that on bili and my doctor was worried but a gastro guy told me it was fine and that it sometimes happens after an illness and mine was much higher than that and he was not worried at all. I really don't know the ranges for the others since mine have never been out of range. Again it's possible that you were fighting something off. But you really should look up the normal ranges for each and then question your doctor. Don't freak yourself out about something. Readings can mean a lot of things and the combination of highs/lows might mean something to a doctor. Have them go over it with you and maybe re-test in 3-6 months. For example MPV normal range is 7.5-12 so being .9 out of range may mean nothing. If you can't get your doctor on the phone or via email, then try for a nurse in their office. Again, whenever I've tested out of range on something, my doctor just re-tests in a few months to make sure it goes back to normal. Eat right. Exercise. Give up junk food. Get a good night's sleep. That is the best cure for anything. Unfortunately I am not a doctor so please consult yours.

Why of course, your doctor is wrong. You should find another doctor, willing to go over your labs with you, one line at a time.