Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

is it normal to see 40 and 50 year olds playing video games that they grew up with as kids ?

Update:

like imagine a 40 year old playing super nintendo 

Update 2:

@anon,  your 70 years old acting like a man child on the internet?? lol

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Is it normal for an overweight 40-year-old virgin to live in his parent's house and waste 8-12 hours a day "attempting" to troll people, instead of going to a job and/or schooling? 

If you don't gain some ambition in life, you'll wind up having to give oral sex on the street, to support the basic costs of living in a cardboard box, once your parents either die, or kick you out.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I THINK IT IST NORMAL AND RARE SITE:

• 1 month ago

at like 28 I replayed and finally 100%ed Banjo Kazooo and Banjo Tooie. I hav memories of Banjo Kazooi that are older than my memories of the Pokemon Squirrel.

• 1 month ago

Yes. That's called being nostalgic. It's the same reason people in these age groups listen to old 20th century music that they came up with.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Never really saw an issue with this , As I'm getting older now. Always been a Playstation person have/had everyone 1-5. Earlier days my dad played games with me he came up on and it was cool experiencing that and I'll do that as I get older with no shame

• 2 months ago

normal for an overweight 40-year-old virgin to live in his parent's house and waste 8-12 hours a day "attempting" to troll people, instead of going to a job and/or schooling? 

• 2 months ago

Yes!  Just because someone is older doesn't mean they don't still enjoy video games.  Super nintendo games are still fun to play and if you have a working console or emulator...go for it!!   I still play on my super nintendo, game cube, and atari consoles when the mood strikes.  Fun nows no age boundaries

• 2 months ago

Says the anonymous question asker who isn't looking for an answer but just trying to start a troll fight.

To answer your question, "yes".  It's normal. I co-host a podcast of adults who grew up gaming and are raising the next generation of gamers and we have a large toxic-free community of like-minded gamers.

The median age of a gamer is about 35.  That means just as many people below 35 are gamers that are above 35.

So, no, gaming isn't just for kids just like all other forms of entertainment.  There are no age limits on reading books, watching TV or movies, or going to amusement parks.  There isn't an age limit on gaming.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

YES! 

I'm 74, Nothing else to do.  I have:

300± VHS, 300± DVD, 300± recorded VHS, 2 Beta, 1 Blu-Ray,   180 self-recorded DVD

PlayStation 4

X-Box Pro

Nintendo

Nintendo 64.

PlayStation 2

PlayStation

TandyVision

etc.  The machines still work, as do my library of 400± Real printed Books, comic Books, 100± 12" Records,  60± 45rpm phonograph records, and 30 Cassette Tapes, 9 8tracks.

If you got it, you got it.

Who are you to judge my choice of entertainments.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm  70 years old. I have disposable income. I have all the latest consoles as well as the classic consoles I bought in the past. I play them all. I play what I want, when I want. I've earned it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.