Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Metamucil?

I’m afraid I’ll need to take Metamucil forever. I just wanna go to the bathroom normally without it. How can I do that ? If I stop taking it I’ll be constipated. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

We cannot answer tht. You need to speak with a doctor.

• 1 month ago

Take fiber gummys....

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Using Metamucil or laxatives to treat chronic constipation could be covering up symptoms of a bigger problem, thus preventing you and your doctor from knowing about it and beginning treatment as soon as possible. However, the Mayo Clinic reports that there’s no harm in taking Metamucil every day and that using it can even help you reach your recommended daily intake of fiber. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have to let your body get back to normal.

Eat more fiber (fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains) and get some daily exercise (walking).  Avoid white sugar, white flour, and salt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.