Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Do you think it's childish for an adult to cry over pets that are sick?

I grew up with 5 cats in total (lives on the countryside), one died due to an accident, one of old age and one due to kidney failure.

Now we have another cat is 12 and been acting weird since last cat died a few weeks ago and she will see the vet soon because she is yowling non-stop and problem with her back legs

I grew up with cats for 15 years, and almost 32 now, but I feel embarrassed because I always get sad over the remaining two, as I'm aware their life is coming to the end. Anytime there is something wrong with them, I end up crying.

Thank you everyone

Unfortunetly, She passed away a few hours asking this question. She had a stroke and was put down. I was not able to see her last hours because Ive my own apartment now. 😭 Its a breedcat, Maine Coon.

• .
    Favorite Answer

Hell no! It's a very sad situation, partly because chances are, your old friends are dying and the other part is frustration and helplessness, because you can't DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. And it hurts. You try to make them comfortable, you try every cure the vet offers, look up any and all holistic approaches, but they are still sick or hurt and it really sucks. I get upset over something as simple as a little bump, scrape, or eye infection because it hurts you that they are hurting.

Empathy and compassion is never a childish thing, ever. Don't ever think that. I'm very sorry that you are going through this, friend. *hugs*

No, it is not and don't let ANYONE tell you that it is.

• ?

Not at all. Its normal actually. Anyone that cares about their pets will be upset and possibly cry when their pets life is coming to an end. The hardest part for me is if they are suffering at the end like when my cat was in pain from bone cancer because the pain meds stopped working. I knew it was time and when she was put down I cried about that too.