Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Online confession, I suppose I just need to talk about.?

I confessed my love for my bestfriend about 4 years ago, unfortunately I had fallen for her despite being in a long term relationship at the time. (We are all in our early 20s in this story)

My relationship wasn't going that great at the time, it was hard.Being unfaithful is something I look down upon i still feel guilty I had feelings for another women when in a committed relationship, but it being my bestfriend made it so much harder, i was at a weird place in my life I guess.I called my friend one night when I was very drunk & told her my feelings, it was about 3am in the morning. I told her I could not be friends with her anymore. she sounded shocked. And said what (name) I said I can't hurt her, and that we can't be friends anymore and that I'm sorry, I made her promise that she would never tell anyone.

We said our goodbyes, I feel bad that I felt that way about her and told her but i am proud that I never acted on my feelings.

After maybe a year, my relationship actually healed itself. I suppose I fell in love with my girlfriend again. And we are now married, I still feel guilty about what I felt, I tried to get in contact with my friend and explain to her that I was stupid, I miss her now as nothing but a friend.. but she respected my wishes in asking her to let me walk out of her life.

I vowed I would be a better man to my wife, who I do love though I still feel guilty.

I never told anybody, but this is probably the closest I'll ever get to telling anyone.

• Foofa

You now have something worth saving and you're going to ruin it all if he keep ruminating on this one drunken phone call. Just because you feel or once felt something doesn't mean you have the right to indulge in it forever, especially once you've made promises to other people.