Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Did you leave a relationship with someone you still loved but disrepected you enough that you had distanced yourself from them? ?

By disrespect I mean critical, belittling, angry, selfish with their time and in the bedroom etc

Yep, I certainly did. I have no regrets leave the relationship. The love I feel for him now is that of a friend, because we share a child together. 

• RP

I had one experience like this and, after several sexless months and a threat to get sex elsewhere, my reply was "go ahead." It wasn't long after that we divorced.

Yes, I did! And it was quite the challenge. Took me two years before I began to really try to understand why I put up with it for so long. Bottom line is that we are all responsible for ourselves. Taking a good look at what we bring in or accept in our lives and how to change our own patterns is very worth our time. 

• i + i

Never progressed to the point 

where we were in a relationship. 

I knew better than to even try.