What processor is best for iMac?

I'm thinking of buying a used iMac for music creation, I've come across 2 options but I'm not so sure which will run better for my projects. They essentially have the same spec except for the year they were released and the processor.

option 1: (2017) 3.8 GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz

option 2: (Late 2015) - 4 GHz quad-core 5th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3 GHz

Thank you in advance:)

It depends on the _exact_ CPU types; there are many with a range of performances in each family.

Look up the actual CPU part numbers then search for that on the Passmark site & see which has the higher score.