Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What processor is best for iMac?

I'm thinking of buying a used iMac for music creation, I've come across 2 options but I'm not so sure which will run better for my projects. They essentially have the same spec except for the year they were released and the processor.

option 1: (2017) 3.8 GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz

option 2: (Late 2015) - 4 GHz quad-core 5th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3 GHz

Thank you in advance:)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It depends on the _exact_ CPU types; there are many with a range of performances in each family.

Look up the actual CPU part numbers then search for that on the Passmark site & see which has the higher score.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.