Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 2 months ago

Why does a religious bakery have to be forced to make a wedding cake, when Costco won't even put copy right characters on my Birthday cake?

So a religious bakery can be forced to make a same-sex wedding cake;

But when I make DeviantArt of many Marvel characters, I can't have it on my Birthday cake because of copyright infringement. It's not like I'm looking to profit off it, we were going to eat it and poop it out days later (which would greatly damage the resell value, lol).

Favorite Answer

Because stores care more about being woke and forcing their ideas onto other people than they do about making money. You having the cake you want doesn't virtue signal for the LGBT. Maybe you should try requesting with a design that uses strictly gay Marvel Characters on your cake, then the woke Feminist idiots will let you have your Marvel Birthday Cake.

@Anonymous, you're a dumb*uck piece of sh*t. Forcing your f*g ideas on a religious store is a violation of equal rights ie freedom of religious expression.

Copyright infringement for profit is a federal felony. Refusing service to gays is not a violation of any federal or nearly any state laws.  It is NOT legal to "force a baker to make a cake" in violation of his or her religion, according to the US Supreme Court.

So there's that.

If you want to make your own copyright infringement on your own cake, go right ahead. Just don't be stupid and allow anyone to take photos and publish them online. Worst case, you get a 'cease-and-desist' letter from the copyright owners and maybe a demand for a nominal license fee.

@Anonymous Answerer, you're a dumb*uck piece of sh*t. Forcing your f*g ideas on a religious store is a violation of equal rights ie freedom of religious expression.

I just had to clear up that's for the Anonymous Answerer, not the Anonymous Asker.

• Jas B

The shop would make a profit out of copyright infringement by making the cake and would be liable to prosecution, which is why they can't make it.  

Equal rights violations are not the same as copyright infringement. 

Glad I could clear that up for you.