Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

How long will the Federal Mask Law on Transportation last? Is it worth getting vaccinated if you still have to wear a mask? ?

I know it states May 11th, but today, I talked to a friend who was very negative and said it will last forever. I'm not sure about everybody else, but I have COVID fatigue. I'm tired of following the guidelines. I'm really starting to live in fear that this federal law is going to last forever. I cannot imagine what it would be like 7-10 years from now and the flight attendants make people cover their noses when there is no pandemic. 

Also, if the vaccine is out and cases are going down, why is this law in place? Is the USA the only country in the world that has this law? Can airlines really survive a federal mask law? Why are airlines banning innocent people who probably can't wear a mask due to a disability? What is going on with the United States of America, supposed to be a free country? 

I know for me, I would not want to teach my future children how to wear a mask properly and then they take it off and throw a tantrum. I'm so scared and living in fear at this point. A pandemic we were supposed to be out of by now is still going on. 

"Is it worth getting vaccinated?"  Of course it is.  Just because you're vaccinated doesn't mean those people around you have.

• ?

No, not only country at all.  If you cannot wear a mask due to disability, then chances are that venturing out unvaccinated is the WORST thing you could do, as COVID would almost certainly kill you.  The reason the pandemic is still going on largely is because people DON'T FOLLOW MASK MANDATES.