Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bill A. asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

what is the essential nutrition for dogs? ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I give my babies ( dogs) home cooked meals which they can eat and their dry food

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

What are the nutritional requirements for dogs? The six basic nutrients are water, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins. These essential nutrients are required as part of the dog's regular diet and are involved in all of the basic functions of the body.

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Dogs and humans are omnivores so we can eat the same things.

• To make sure your dog gets all the adequate 

nutrition it needs you should serve it an avocado-

Chocolate-onion shake at least once a week, .... 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

(c/p) What are the top 5 healthiest dog foods?

The Best Dry Dog Foods February 2021

Wellness Complete Health Dry Dog Food.

Instinct Original Grain-Free Dry.

Nature's Logic Dry Dog Food.

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Dry.

Canidae Grain-Free Pure Dry Dog Food.

Orijen Dry Dog Food.

Diamond Naturals Dry Kibble.

Nulo Freestyle Dry Dog Food.

More items...

The Best Dry Dog Foods for 2021 | Dog Food Advisorwww.dogfoodadvisor.com › best-dog-foods › best-dry-d...

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The six basic nutrients are water, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Dogs are by nature, scavengers and can do surprisingly well on a variety of foodstuff.

However....If a dog is fed a good quality kibble it will receive all the vitamins and minerals it needs.

Meat is a  dogs preferred diet and any kibble should contain at least 20% meat, not just meat `by products`.

Some people feed nothing but raw meat to their dog, but this diet does not suit ALL dogs and can lack enough fibre in it. 

Dog nutrition is a very controversial subject among dog owners. 

I just go on what has worked very well for me and MY dogs over 58 years.

MY dogs have a very mixed diet that includes kibble AND some raw and they do very well on this. JMO.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Literally just read the back of every and or any dog food package because that is essential nutrition. You can also make your own dog food in the recipes are up online just Google it or something or DuckDuckGo up

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Dead children. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.