Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

am i pregnant?

so about three weeks ago i was using the bathroom and i noticed my bf had peed on the seat (like usual). i wiped the droplet with a piece of toilet paper and without thinking wiped myself with the same side. i know it's nearly impossible to get pregnant from a toilet seat, but i feel bloated (although i was already chubby before w/ fluctuating weight, so it could be that), the stretch marks on my lower stomach have appeared again (i got them when i gained several pounds very rapidly), there was a day where my nipples felt tingly and i read that's a sign of pregnancy, i've been wanting to sleep a lot more (10+ hours, although this isn't very unusual for me i still worry). i'm also two weeks late for my period and when the incident happened i was in my fertile stage. to be fair, my period did tend to normally be late, but the past few cycles have been consistent 35 day cycles with my period even coming a few days early, so the timing is very concerning. my bf and i are waiting until marriage so there's no chance of anything happening that way, it was just the incident i mentioned above. i'm really worried. help!

Favorite Answer

You cannot get pregnant from his urine. It’s impossible. If you’re worried that there may have been semen in his urine, then that could be possible but sperm cells can’t survive long when they’re exposed to oxygen so even if there was any semen in the urine that was on the seat, it’s impossible for it to get you pregnant. The only way you can get pregnant is if he ejaculates directly inside of you. Even if some sperm touched the outside of your vagina that’s still not enough to get you pregnant. 

he likely deposited his seed while you slept

You understand urine and semen are not synonymous, right?

Also, you don't seem to understand how ovulation and fertility work.  Ovulation generally happens two weeks prior to a period, with fertility beginning 5 days prior to ovulation.  Not a week before a period. 

If you aren't having sex, you aren't pregnant.  Perhaps see your doctor to discuss the irregular cycles and other hormonal symptoms.