Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Rachael asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why won’t my puppy ears stand up ? ?

She’s is about 6 1/2 - 7 months husky German Shepard mix supposedly I say supposedly cause she looks nothing like either one and has big floppy ears any reason on why they are not ? Both breeds she mixed with have stand up ears 

Attachment image

15 Answers

Relevance
  • PR
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Your dog is adorable! She likely has a little terrier type dog in her and possibly a bit of Husky. But, it truly doesn't matter what she is or whether her ears stand up - she is "her own dog" and very cute! Cherish her for what/who she is.

Possibly Husky-Wheaten Terrier mix.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

What's happening in these pups is that their bodies are using their calcium for teeth development instead of developing ear structure. As a pup starts to get its adult teeth, it is, therefore, possible for erect ears to begin to sag and stay this way until they're done teething.

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

it is in her genes..............

• 1 month ago

(c/p) 4-5 months

YOU DO NOT TRIM GERMAN SHEPHERD EARS TO MAKE THEM STAND!

German Shepherds ARE born with their ears down. They should have their ears up before they each 4-5 months of age. Some puppies have their ears up by 4 weeks of age. If their ears are not up by 4-5 months of age, they need to be posted.

Posting Ears | Sequoyah German Shepherdssequoyah-german-shepherds.com › general-information

https://www.google.com/search?q=when+does+a+german...

The mix may not be what you were told it was.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Mutts do not have standards and it certainly doesn't resemble either of those breeds anyway...

• 1 month ago

Because that is NOT a gsd/husky mix.    That dog appears to have more of a terrier type heritage to it.

It's a mutt.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Who told you this is a husky/GSD mix?  It isn't. That's why.  Don't believe me?  Buy a dog DNA kit.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

who cares? 

c'mon isn't personality more important when dating a dog?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is not a husky-shepherd mix.  The muzzle shape is wrong for both of those breeds.

Have a vet run a DNA test to determine breed.  

If I was making a guess with no information at all, I would be more likely to think that the dog is a labradoodle.  (Labrador and poodle mix)  

If there is husky and shepherd in that dog - there is not enough of each of those breeds to cause the ears to stand as they should for those breeds.  

• enn
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

hahaha someone lied a bit about the parentage and forgot to add the Rottweiler baby daddy two generations back.

My own German-shepherd/rottweiler mixes were supposed to be just that, but we are also finding one of them has a lab grandma in her mixed family tree.

Just let your puppy be who she is and let her be unique.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's not a husky and german shepherd mix, there's at least one other breed in there, and there may be no husky or german shepherd involved at all. If the ears are still floppy now, they will stay floppy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.