Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Wouldn't it Make more Sense for U.S. Cabinet Departments to work with Justice Department in Making Laws, instead of through the President?

Currently, the U.S. Cabinet Department Heads advise the President on making policies concerning topics as diverse as Science and Technology, Education, Healthcare, Agriculture, Economic Policy, Commerce, Labor, Housing Development, Public Transportation, Energy, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security. The President then introduce Bills to be approved by Congress. Afterwards, the Judicial Department checks whether the approved law is constitutional or not.

Instead of having the Judicial Department simply checking whether laws are allowed or not, the Cabinet Heads can introduce bills through the Judicial Department regarding new policies and law proposals. The Judicial Department will then seek approval with the Legislature Department. When that is passed, the Bill will then be signed into Law by the President. If the Bill is vetoed by the President, then there is a second chance for the Bill to become law by seeking 2/3 approval from the Legislature.

Often times, the President are not as knowledgeable about the subjects as the Cabinet Heads, and it's hard to "sell" a policy when the person doesn't know what's being presented. By working with the Judicial Department, the Cabinet Heads are more independent in formulating effective policies, and their voices are more legitimate after having been vetted by the Law system. The Bills introduced by Cabinet-Judicial Team are also more favorable to public development, given the Cabinet Heads' expertise in the subject areas.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your opinion doesn't make sense to me. I understand the checks and balances process that is designed w/ possible complications.

• 2 months ago

I am truly sorry that you seem to be so ignorant of the Constitution and of how laws are made.  Do you know what the function of the Legislative Branch is?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.