Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Marriage on B2 visa, then go back to home country to apply for h4?

My Fiancé has H1B. Do I still have to follow the 90 day rule before the wedding if I plan to go back to my home country and apply for H4? 

I will not stay in US and file for change of status. 

• Maxi

As you have no legal status on a B2 you can't adjust a status you don't have anyway........... the US allows you to marry without a visa but you have to return home following your visitor visa terms/conditions

• Lisa A

You must marry within 90 days of arrival on a K1 visa. There are no rules for marrying on any other other kind of visa. You really aren't supposed to do it at all on other visas. Make sure that you don't tell anyone that your purpose to come to the US is to get married. You will not be allowed in if they know that. It would really be better if he visited home and you had the wedding in your own country,

But yes, he needs to get his employer to get you an H4 visa after you marry. Then you can come back to the US.

If you marry in the USA while visiting as a tourist and return to your home country to wait while your spouse sponsor you for a dependent visa then you can return to the USA when the visa is issued. You MUST exit North America and return home on schedule (not overstay your tourist status). 

i would ask immigration about it