Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Why do I get constipated when I eat spinach or kale?

Favorite Answer

I don't think it's caused by spinach or kale. Perhaps there is another reason that you haven't accounted for?

Have you thought about asking a doctor?

Rich greens like Kale do the opposite. Dark greens are high in fiber, digestive enzymes, phytochemicals and nutrients. Which means they actually help you to poop.

Ask your doctor, this isn't the health section and there are no gastrointestinal doctors here and if there would they would need to do tests.

If they don't agree with you, don't eat them.

Not enough to work.  Add some dried prunes and see if that works.  You might also try a restart by taking a dose of milk of magnesia.

Maybe your diet isnt use to it and takes time to get use to diet changes. Mix it up with other food to. And be sure to eat enough fiber with every meal mixed in. Or else yeah it will cause blockeges.

I do not know about Kale, but spinach has a lot of oxalate, which is why it is not recommended for people that have calcium or iron deficiencies. otherwise since both are difficult to digest and bacteria further down in the intestines' have more material to work on and increase in population.